Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Boulder - The Food

I just got back from my long weekend in Boulder and have much to show and tell. However I figured one long post would even bore me, so I am breaking it up into at least 3 parts: Food, activities, and scenery.

Since I am sure the food post will be the shortest, and I have a lot to do to catch up from being gone, it is what I shall start with.

There is an Irish Pub called Connor O'Neill's on 13th Street in downtown Boulder that was my first food stop. Basically my plan was to eat at places I only could in Boulder ... to be adventurous! At Connor O'Neill's I had an Irish Soda and Shepherd’s Pie. Oh my heaven in my mouth! It was so good! It looked so good I could not wait to taste it, which is why a bite is missing in the shot!


One morning I ate at The Boulder Cafe on the corner of 13th and Pearl. I had my first ever Eggs Benedict. I have never had Eggs Benedict because I am allergic to pork; but these were veggie! Instead of ham they had tomato and avocado! It was very good and now I know why Besty loves them so much!
I had heard from the locals that Sushi Zanmai on 12th and Spruce was very good for both food and atmosphere. Right next to it was Sushi Amu, they share the sushi chefs, but it is a sit down-much more quiet-place. I chose to sit at the sushi counter at Zanmai and watch the action. What great sushi! I tried rolls I had never had before with the exception of the roe, and I just love it, so I got it! The Boulder Roll was very good; it had yellow tail and tuna with a few vegs. The fish egg (on the right of this pic) I think was tuna egg and frankly they were a little too big for my liking. But the roe on the left was as good as I remember roe to be!
I did not each much on Sunday or Monday that was picture worthy, but for reasons all too long to go into right now... did that wet your appetite for more?

2 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Yes, please post more! Those eggs Benedict look amazing. I love your idea to only eat at restaurants you can only find in Boulder. I may have to try that in D.C. this weekend. Glad you had a good time!

Johnson Family said...

Oohh it all sounds soo good!