Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
I have had some things on my mind recently, and feel the need now to clear it. This blog is my pensieve… I might be reading Harry Potter again…
Rant the First
Dude who was in the car next to mine this morning was smoking. While I find this a super nasty habit and cannot believe that people still smoke, I do believe he has the right to kill himself slowly if he so chooses. However, as a person with asthma who gets sick around smoke, I dislike this nasty habit greatly. I do take great umbrage, though, when this dude felt it was okay not only to flick his cig butt out the car window, but he did it so vehemently that it hit my car and missed coming in my open window by mere centimeters. Dude has no right to do this with a lit cig butt. “Keep your trash in your car, not mine. The world is not your ashtray.”
Rant the Second
State of Utah why do you have a law that you have no intention of enforcing until someone flaunts in on national television? Polygamy is against the law but is not enforced unless there are other circumstances associated with the case. That is until the polygamous family is dumb enough to go on a reality tv show and tell the world all about it. Leaving my moral judgment aside I have a judicial point of view on this. I do believe that people who break the law should face the consequences of their actions. Their actions might not be hurting anyone, fine, but their actions are against the law in the State of Utah. Polygamists, if you do not want to live by the law, lobby to have it repealed. State of Utah if you are going to have a law, then enforce it. Sure there are really bad people out there who break laws that hurt other people, I understand this, but enforce laws equally.
Rant the Last
This is a touchy situation for some. I do not pretend that I am an authority on this subject, but this is my blog and my opinion. Can someone tell me in words that will make sense why people are so riled up about a religious organization wanting to build a place to worship? I am talking, of course, about the proposed mosque in Manhattan. Some call this the Mosque at Ground Zero; however it is 2 blocks away from those buildings. Now I understand why some might feel it is a bad idea, I understand why some think it is a great idea. I personally think it is a religious place of worship and do not think the location matters. I do not believe it is an insult to the memory of those who have suffered or those who died in the September 11 attacks to build a mosque close to the World Trade Center. I do not get it. Are you telling me that not a single peaceful, actively practicing Muslim was killed in those attacks? The terrorists who perpetrated this gross attack were not following the teachings of the Muslim religion or they never would have done it. These people were radical extremist and terrorists. Saying that all Muslims are terrorists is like saying polygamists are Mormon. It is just not true. I believe these protests are religious persecution and it is discrimination. Would the argument be the same if the Catholic Church wanted to build a Cathedral or the Jews a Synagogue? I doubt it. So why the fight over a Muslim Mosque? Every religion has crazies, it does not make the whole religion crazy. What is next? Because there are allegations of priest misconduct toward young men in the Catholic Church, no Catholic churches can be built in the vicinity of schools? That just is counterproductive and I think these protests are too.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
- Today the home phone rang and the caller ID said "Phone Scam"... good one coach!
- This one friend of mine, Peggy, had this blog post the other day that made me so very very happy. Please take some time to read her ramblings on getting old, particularly number 3.
- I have had a headache for a few days now, I think it is because I am not on pain meds any more.
- There is this fun new mindless game for my tom-pooter that is kind of addicting. It simply involves growing and breeding frogs. I have wanted an aquarium of fish and frogs for a while... thanks tom-pooter.
- Recovering from surgery is the perfect time to watch all seasons of Grey's Anatomy.
- The bad thing about watching all of the seasons of Grey's Anatomy is that suddenly every stomach pain is a perforated bowel.
- The other day my cute little Mac was sitting on my lap. All of a sudden she decided to stand up and ended up falling off the chair backwards and landed on her head. It was an impressive flip, she has a future as a gymnast, but it also was good to get our hearts racing.
- My first house payment is due October 1, I own a house, it is very ... adult of me.
- I do not live in said house yet. But I still own it.
- I went back to school to get a Certificate in Human Resource Management.
- I did some research recently for a family home evening about school. When I found out what someone with my experience, a certificate in HR, and an MBA makes as a Human Resource Manager (salary) I almost puked from unbelief and joy.
- Of course I will have to move to Delaware for the high HRM salary.
- My mom is in Seattle for a week, she left today, I miss her already.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Monday, September 6, 2010
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Saturday, September 4, 2010
As my readers will know, my SIL Kate is a great photographer. Well she comes by it honestly as her Mom, Ruth, is one too. Ruth will be in town for an Enchanted Forest Fairy Portrait Day. She will be in town only October 1 & 2, so if you are interested book sooner than later! The info is on the flier, or you can visit Ruth's website: http://photographybyruth.com/. Or as the flier says you can call Kate for help: 801-722-9825