Thursday, September 3, 2009

Boulder - The Sights

These are in no particular order.

The State Capitol Dome
The Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception
The Denver State Capitol

Boulder Creek
Boulder Canyon

Boulder Creek ... again
This is Sue... my horse for a day
Just up from Boulder Falls
Boulder Farmer's Market
This is Conor O'Neills... yum!
This beautiful church was in Denver but I did not see the name of it, I just thought it was so pretty with the sun behind it.
The Angel Moroni on the Denver Temple
I was trying to take a pic of the pretty sunflowers outside the temple and this bee just had to get in my shot.
The flowers outside the temple were so pretty. They were redoing the fountain, but I hear it is amazing when it is going.
The plane ride home was so bad. I am such a nervous flier lately. However when I got on the plane the first person I saw was Sheri Dew, LDS author and (I believe) CEO of Deseret Book. I told her I loved her work and thanked her for what she does. So in the middle of the flight when I felt the plane was going to drop out of the sky all I could think was "God would not let Sheri Dew die yet, right?" Hee hee. Then I thought "But if we do fall out of the sky maybe I can sneak into heaven right behind her" I need help...
Thus ends the photo and story telling portion of my stay in Boulder/Denver. I had a really nice weekend and was equally busy and relaxed. I did enough to make it worth it and relaxed enough to come home ready for life. Of course now I cannot wait to start planning my next vacation! I am thinking Mount Rushmore in 2010 and the Oregon Coast in 2011

3 comments:

Reba said...

What a fun trip! You are BRAVE to go alone. I love to travel but enjoy some company. I saw a tiny piece of the Oregon Coast on my trip... AMAZING!

Ranell said...

Hmmm, I know someone who owns a beach condo at the Oregon Coast ... oh, wait, it's me! Come visit anytime!!

Johnson Family said...

I am so proud of your picture taking abilities! That bee one is really cool! My other favorite is the first one the State Capitol Dome, you can see the sky and the dome very clearly!!!