Monday, September 21, 2009

Recipe Contest

So here is the deal, I need to start eating more fish. And I really like fish, but am kind of limited to grilling salmon... which can get old. I was driving home yesterday when I thought it would be fun to have a fish recipe contest with a prize here on my very own blog!!

If you want to participate please either send me a link, leave a comment, or send an email to sassyjose at gmail dot com with your favorite fish recipes. I am not always a fan of the really really fishy flavors, but I like shrimp, salmon and cod a lot. Really there is not a fish I will not try. These recipes can be as easy as just your favorite mixture of herbs to rub on fish, or as elaborate as something you saw Paula Deen do on the Food Network. However, that being said I would like to avoid the amount of butter that Paula likes to cook with!! LOL

One thing to remember, however, is I am allergic to pork... so please leave pork out of the recipe!

What will you win? Well here is what I was thinking I would do. Once I try the recipes I will pick the one I think had the best flavor, was the most creative, or easy to prepare... alright the one I liked the best; the person who sent in that recipe will get a $20 gift card to a restaurant of his or her choice. Odds of winning with of course be based on the number of people and recipes that are submitted. There is no limit to the number of recipes one can submit. I will take recipes as long as you want to send them my way, but will close this contest in 10 days (October 1). I will send the gift card any where you might live (for those who are not in Utah) however, your choice restaurant needs to be a place I can buy a gift card from here in Utah!

Ready, set, go!!

10 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my heavens I have the best recipe for tilapia with mango salsa. We grilled it outside but first put foil down with some olive oil to prevent sticking. It was divine! The link to the recipe is http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Tilapia-with-Mango-Salsa/Detail.aspx.
Hope you like it!

Rach said...

I also tend to eat a lot of salmon. Having said that, here is a link for the first salmon recipe: baked salmon.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Salmon-II/Detail.aspx

A few more recipes coming your way!

Rach said...

This one is a grilled salmon, but perhaps one you have not tried.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Salmon-Kyoto/Detail.aspx

Rach said...

Do you like spicy stuff? This one is a great recipe for a Cajun-style grilled salmon.

Rach said...

Crispy fish fillets - works with pretty much any kind of fish. And, unfortunately, this recipe is from my head, and I don't have exact measurements for it.

Mix together bread crumbs, cornmeal, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika. Dip fish fillets in mixture.

You can either fry them in a shallow pan with a little oil, or bake them at 450 for about 10 minutes.

Rach said...

Last one? I think? Balsamic-glazed salmon fillets. (I told you we eat a lot of salmon).

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Balsamic-Glazed-Salmon-Fillets/Detail.aspx

Steph said...

Mandy and Wretch, thanks!! I do not usually like spicy stuff but I am willing to try almost anything that is different!

Scott and Courtney said...

I don't like fish, so I don't make it. But, you never gave out your prize to the last contest (Cancer Sucks languages). Just sayin'!! :)

Stephanie said...

This is a winner!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/main-courses/sweet-citrus-orange-roughy/

Stephanie said...

Really really simple and yummy!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/main-courses/baked-tilapia/