Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Progress


This is what I saw when I pulled up to work today. There is one swear that is 1/2 covered up... now only 3-1/2 to go! It seems that the media has great power even in just phone calls. KSL News reporter Nicole Gonzales called me yesterday to see if we could do an interview, however my day would not allow it. She said she had called UTA to see what was going on with the graffiti. This is a step in the right direction... now if the rest of the graffiti can be covered up soon! Hopefully the rain will allow this to happen. The Mayor of South Salt Lake also sent a reply to my email. He said that his staff has all taken the safety class offered by UTA in order to clean up the city. Every time, however, that the staff tries to cover graffiti UTA stops them too.
For now, just for now, the petition is on hold. Hopefully soon there will not be a need for it. Thanks to all who said they would sign it. If the rest of the graffiti is not gone soon I will take it back up.

1 comment:

Rach said...

I'm glad they are covering the graffiti, but so sad that the beautiful mural behind it also has to be covered, because of the disrespect of a handful of vandals.