Thursday, April 2, 2009

Today I Am Grateful For ... #B

Just because I could not call this post #2...

I am in my last class at school right now. I have to test out of 21 credit hours of electives and then I get to gradumate (spelled wrong? nu-huh, I go to college... your mom goes to college...) Today I am grateful that the end is in sight. I am in a class right now about ethics and critical thinking; it is a capstone course that is the last class one takes at UoP before graduation. I really appreciate being reminded why I strive to be a good person. Since I am so close to being done with school and in an ethics class I am also very grateful and proud that I have done this on my own. Of course I had help, I do appreciate help from Sister who proofed paper after paper in the beginning until I got the hang of academic writing or Brother who helped me firgure out math (dude I got an A- and B+, because of his help... trust me it would have been much worse without), Besty teaching me how to do PowerPoint Presentations, and Mom and Sister helping to type my papers when I had hand surgery (I said the words, they just were my scribes). Countless family and friend words of encouragement kept me going. So thanks for the encouragement. I thought an AAB (Associate of Arts in Business) felt really good, but I will tell you graduating with a 3.88 GPA in a BSM (Bachelor of Science in Management) feels so much better. What is next? MBA? Who knows... I am just grateful the end is in sight!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What an accomplishment. Its the one thing I wish I had continued to do even with kids. I keep waiting for us to be able to afford for me to go back to school. I think it will happen soon. Awsome job! With a 3.88 even, brainiac!

Stephanie said...

Hey, resident smarty pants! I love that you just about finished with this degree: you are awesome!

We'll have to have a rollicking good time gradumication party for you!

Jill and Andy said...

Way to go! That's really great. Does that mean you're too smart to hang out with me? Because someday, we WILL hang out.

jkribbit said...

Stephanie I am so proud of you! You are an amazing woman! :)

Matt Baker said...

Well done Stephanie!

So which day is the "I am grateful for Matt" post? I need to be sure to tune in to that one?!