Sunday, April 12, 2009

Today I Am Grateful For ... #12

How could I not be grateful for Easter today? I have long loved Easter. When I was a kid and did not understand the spiritual background of Easter I was a big fan of the egg decorating, the egg hunts, the candy, the Easter bonnets, chocolate covered peanut better eggs, the whole nine yards. I still love these things. I guess I never grew out of it.

Now, however, I have a greater understanding of the spiritual aspect of Easter and what it stands for. I am grateful for my Savior and His atoning sacrifice for me. Easter reminds me that I need to be a better person. The Easter resurrection story of Christ is a beautiful event that had eternal consequences for all human kind. Today I am eternally grateful for Easter ... spiritual and secular aspects!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I'm really enjoying all your "I'm grateful for" posts. :^)