Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Today I Am Grateful For ... #14

Adopted Families

I have been adopted by a few of my friend's families and am blessed to have so many "Mom's and Dad's"! When I was in High School the Kennard and Wadley families were so great to me. I loved going to these homes because I too felt like one of the family. I remember driving to Las Vegas with Wendy to save Mom and Dad Wadley after 9/11 because they were flying when the planes hit the towers and were diverted to Las Vegas. Dad put us up in a hotel room and bought us a key chain to remember the events of the day. I miss Dad Wadley (cancer sucks!) Mom and Dad Kennard still give me a huge hug when I see them and will call me daughter. I love you!!

More recently I have been adopted by the Beardall's, Besty's family. I have an open invite for Sunday dinner, maybe one day I should just show up, the problem with that is that they are pork eaters... tusk tusk, what are you trying to do kill me? I think the reason I love them so much is they are going to let me marry their son James, now if we can just get the message to James... it is either that or they are the ones who introduced me to Raclette!

I do have more adopted families, but those were my firsts. Today I want you to know that I love you and I am grateful for you.

1 comment:

jkribbit said...

Adopted families are the best :) Love ya, Sis :)