Thursday, April 23, 2009

Today I Am Grateful For ... #23

SPRING!!!

Remember last weekend when it snowed? Remember that? Remember how one day it was almost 70 then the next day it was snowing? Well now it looks like Spring has finally ... sprung? (Colleen can I get a rulling on this one?)

This is my second favorite season (the first being Fall because of the wonderful colors and no allergies.) Spring makes me happy because everything is so beautiful and people seem to snap out of the winter blah. Flip flops are dusted off (unless you are my brother and sometimes me, then they really are worn as frequently during the winter months as is possible.)

I will start walking again with Carrie, I will be able to put away the quilt and sleep under a sheet only, the sun roof is open (woot), and the jackets go away. So one year as I was putting away my jacket I slipped in a $20 bill to each pocket so that in Fall I would be surprised when I had to put them back on. That was a fun year.

Welcome back Spring, stay a while!

3 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Finding forgotten surprises in the pockets is one of the best parts of fall and winter!

Amen.

Erica said...

What a fun idea! :^)

I'd lost Brandon's leatherman last year. I looked and looked and looked all over and couldn't find it. It turned up in a coat pocket this last winter. hehe

Colleen said...

The verdict:

Sprung - A+
Rulling - Fail

Love you sister!