Friday, April 3, 2009

Today I Am Grateful For ... #3

Today I am grateful for movie quotes. I love a good quotable movie.

Some favs:
“I was shopping for my wife Bonnie. I buy most of her clothes and Mrs Pearl was in the same shop! And it just was an accident you know, we started talking... about panty hose, she was saying... whatever that's not the point of the story but what the point is is that through this accidental meeting... it's like a Hitchcock movie you know where you're thrown into a rubber bag and put in the trunk of a car, you find people. You find them. Something, is is it karma? Maybe. But we found him, that's the important thing. And I got Bonnie a wonderful pantsuit.” (Waiting for Guffman)

"These mashed potatoes are so creamy, Mary mashed them." "John Wayne was tall." (While You Were Sleeping)

“You know, if they didn't have the model train, they wouldn't have gotten the idea for the big trains.” (A Mighty Wind)

“I got off that boat with nothing but my dancers belt and a tube of CHAPSTICK!” (Waiting for Guffman)

“We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about.” (Best in Show)

“What's taters, precious? What's taters, eh? Po-tay-toes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.” (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

“This is not an occult science. This is not one of those crazy systems of divination and astrology. That stuff's hooey, and you've got to have a screw loose to go in for that sort of thing. Our beliefs are fairly commonplace and simple to understand. Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration. You would make that conclusion walking down the street or going to the store.” (A Mighty Wind)

And discuss… Post your favs here!

3 comments:

Rach said...

"It's possible, Pig" (Princess Bride)

"You can't just die and leave me here on this stinkin' earth without you." (Joe vs. the Volcano)

"I love you too! I've never been in love with anyone either! It's great! I'm glad! But, the timing stinks." (Joe vs. the Volcano)

"You know, for kids!" (The Hudsucker Proxy)

Mandy said...

"Speak for yourself!"
"Do you think I'd speak for you? I don't even know your language." (The breakfast club)

"Hey Ace, got any more of that gum?"
"That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you to stay out of my personal affairs." (Ace Ventura)

"I didn't 'break' it, I was merely testing its durability, and I 'placed' it in the woods cause it's made of wood and I wanted it to be near its family." (Happy Gillmore)

Jill and Andy said...

I'm with you? Where would I be without movie quotes? Half of my vocabulary would be gone! So many to choose from.
"Love is never having to say you're sorry." "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." (What's Up Doc?)

"Flames... on the side of my face...burning, heaving, flames..." (Clue)

"Hazelnuts, peanuts, cashew nuts, pistachio nuts..." (Best in Show)

"I just snatched you out of midair! Look at me and my bad self! Uh-huh, uh-huh..." (Emperors New Groove)

I also love the snow peas quote! I could go on forever...