Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Today I Am Grateful For ... #7

Today I am grateful for modern medical technology. Doctors have given me more time with my mom on this earth. Anyone not new to my blog will know that my mom has cancer. She is recently in remission.

There was a GREAT ARTICLE in the Deseret News recently about the LDS Hopsital 8th floor which is the floor Mom was on for her bone marrow transplant last year. This floor is under construction and has walls up to keep the construction debris away from the patients.


My mom colored one of the circles in the pic above (that is not her in the pic, it is from the article but that is Nurse Tony.) Each circle is colored by a cancer patient on this floor. The staff on LDS 8th Floor are miracle workers. Mom's doctor told her recently that she looks good and the transplant worked! She is in remission for who knows how long, but because of modern medical technology I have more time on earth with my mom! I have not said it in a while: CANCER SUCKS!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used your CANCER SUCKS theme in a grief group I recently did. They loved it. Now they want me to gather buttons for them all, so they can wear them around. Thanks, Steph!