Monday, April 6, 2009

Today I Am Grateful For ... #6

Matt Baker... ask and ye shall recieve.


While I cannot post about all of my friends (I am very popular... LOL), Matt asked where his post was, and since he was first... well he wins. Matt and I met in the production Oklahoma where he was Jud and I was Aunt Eller. Later he was in a show I directed called Lucky Stiff. He also is an amazing videographer (he did a short for Lucky Stiff... so funny and he did Candice's wedding vid too.) Matt is a great dad, his older boys are two of my favorite kids (Alex used to call me AunEllerrrrrr and told me once that the bigger boys in the show were picking on him and he was sad about it) and now he has twin babies too. Jenny, I am still in awe of you, by the way, that you carried those two big babies.
So in the above pic Matt is the one in overalls standing next to me (I'm the one in the purple dress and before you say anything Candice, yes I know you think I look amazing in it) We were nice enough to let the other two actors pictured be in our show, they were playing smaller parts: Curly and Laurie. :) tee hee. During Oklahoma we were using real black powder guns with blanks loaded (two words: Sound Effects!!) I personally have a fear of guns and I hated shooting it every night. One night Jud's gun freakishly misfired and hit Curly in the face. I walked in right after and saw what was going on and still remember the look of horror and (still being in character) anger on Jud's face. Matt, always the gentleman and truly good man, did everything he could to help Damon after this accident. It was then that I knew I wanted Matt Baker as a friend. So today I am grateful Matt Baker is my friend.
By the way Matt, are you interested in doing a show this summer? I know a director who needs more men in her cast of Seussical (I am that director) and I bet your sons would have a good time in the show too! I'm just putting that out there. If so I would love to see you at the Midvale theater April 18 at 2 for an audition and then 2:30 for a callback... again, I'm just putting that out there. I know summer is your busy work time so no worries, but if you have time I'd love to work with you again and this show has no swearing! Whether we can get you to audition, I still mean everything in this post! LOL

2 comments:

Matt Baker said...

I can't believe no one else has commented and joined with you in this post!

Steph! Dude, I was just kidding! You are a crack up. And to all you faithful readers of Steph's Blog, she is fan-freakin'-tastic. Thank you for the kind words Steph. I am embarrassed, but you made my day (except for the part about the gun going off... i had just about forgotten about that).

As for the show, I WOULD LOVE TO. The problem I have is that I have two weddings that last Saturday in June and there is no way I can get out of it. The other days I could probably work something out, but that day is a no-go. My boys would love to try out though! Are auditions still open?

Steph said...

Matt it was not that the gun went off and there was an accident, the point is how you helped to fix it after it happened!! That is the point, silly!!

We can see people (MEN!) audition before callbacks on April 18. You can email me or Suzanne for a time for (you and) your kids. We had many young girls and not so many young boys. So let us know!!