Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Go-To Music

I have a few CDs that I turn to over and over again... they are my favorites. One would think I would get sick of them, but that does not seem to happen. My main genre of music, of course, are showtunes. I play Jane Eyre over and over!! It is my most played CD in my iTunes library. Then there are the CDs that I turn to when I am in a specific mood: Dreaming Wide Awake, Wicked, The Drowsy Chaperone, Next to Normal.

Of course I am not only a fan of showtunes. I will listen over and over anything by Barenaked Ladies and I like their new stuff now that they are a 4-man band. Then there are the specialty CDs, the ones I play when I am in a very specific mood: My Chemical Romance when I am feeling super funky, Alanis Morissette when I am really mad, Dixie Chicks when I feel a little bit country, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy (trilogy, trilogy) when I just need quiet time.

What is your go-to music? Why?

3 comments:

Preds Girl said...

My "go-to" music also depends on my mood. But, I can usually find something happy in Glee!!! ;-)

Wendy said...

Alanis is very good angry music.

My go-to music is the "Return to Me" soundtrack when I feel happy, or I need to.
Michael Jackson's #1's when I need some good pop. (After all, he was the king of...)
Other than that, I live a silent life. Sad.

Caroline said...

Sufjan Stevens for mood music, Dashboard Confessional when its rainy. Mraz when I am in a good mood. MCR when I am angry, moody, or happy or sad, or ready to rock.