Thursday, September 2, 2010

Feeling


I kind of felt like this yesterday. This is Squitch's kid Goose. Granted my shoes are black, my pants were black, and my shirt was white. But I felt like a princess sliding up next to the bar in my very first ballet class. I tied my very first pair of ballet slippers on my feet and I swear I felt like a little princess in pink. Especially when Stephanie had us pull out our imaginary crown (mine was sterling silver with fuzzy pink boa pieces all around) and our pretty necklace (again silver with a brilliant Princess Cut Diamond) and we got in first position.

This class is, of course, being taken at the studio I am working with The Learning Circle, LLC. I started with a stretching class which actually was pretty hard with my current gall bladder issues. But I am glad I did both classes. The ballet class is an entry level for adults. I was the only one in the class (besides Mom who observed mostly) who had never done any ballet before. I did not understand any of the French, but I did do a pirouette by the end of the night... not like Mikhail can, but still I held my own.

Today... well today my legs are on fire and laughed at me when I wanted to go up the stairs, but I had a ball and cannot wait for the next class! I am glad I made this goal with my 101 goals!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your sweet post literally brought tears of joy to my eyes... you were so lovely! Thank you for being a forever friend, for taking dance classes with me, and for being exactly awesome.

Love you!!!!

Trudy G. said...

What a wonderful thing to do. Enjoy it! I was 16 by the time I ever took a dance class and it was me and my friend with a bunch of 8 year olds. Boy did we stand out! Back then we wore green leotards with tights - in training for Robin Hood maybe? Oh the memories. Stick with it.