Wednesday, March 24, 2010

This One Friend

So this friend of mine, C, makes me laugh. She makes me LOL out loud! Remember my blog about eggs... like 4 days ago? Her comment made me snort! Her favorite kind of egg? The Cadbury Creme Egg. That is just how she rolls.

C and I met years ago when I was called to serve with her and B in the Young Women's organization. (For those who are not LDS, 4 adult women are put in charge of the young women12-18 in the congregation to teach classes on Sunday and plan an activity on Wednesday night.) The three of us had a blast together but seemed to blow through many 1st counselors!! We all had our strengths. B was the consummate leader, C was the friend to the girls, and I kept us organized. But these two women will forever hold a special place in my heart. B taught me how to lead by example, and C and I became lifelong friends because we love to laugh.

C knows music. She has introduced me to more music than I really can believe. I have called her on more than one occasion and said, "I have to put together music for a youth dance. What are the kids listening to these days?" She knows exactly what I need to download and play. In return I have introduced her to showtunes. Going to a concert with C is an experience all its own. Mika and MCR are high on the lists of my favs.

A few years ago C and I were made visiting teaching companions. (She and I are assigned 5 women in the congregation to fellowship and visit on a monthly basis.) It might seem like an odd thing to "assign a friend" but I have many great relationships with ladies in the area because of this practice. So C and I have a ready made excuse to see each other on a monthly basis... not that we need an excuse. We seem to oddly work well as companions; we inspire each other to go.

We also try to go walking together in the spring, summer, and fall (I am a wimp and will not go in the winter; I fall too often!) BTW C, since I know you are reading this we need to start that up again. Yes I know you are like 27 months pregnant... suck it up!! Summer is coming, she will soon live on her front lawn and I cannot wait to wander over after work and see what is new in the neighborhood.

One thing I love about C is that she is adventurous when it comes to food and loves to try new things. Usually one of the first thoughts I have when I find a new place to eat is "C would love this place!" Firecracker shrimp, anyone? Nitro sushi roll? Sushex? Chicken coconut korma? Margarita pizza? Done done and done. (Oh I should not have just written that... now I am hungry!)

But the thing I appreciate most about C? She is just one of the family and I am one of hers. In fact, you might not know that my official name is Stephanie Anne Johnson Pasi-Wagner. I am an adopted Tongan daughter! It is never an effort with C. It is always easy to hang out and chat. (We can talk or not talk for hours and still find things to not talk about!) She loves many of the same things I do; has the same political stances as I do; has the same religious values as I do; is not afraid to tell me I am wrong and share what her stance is. She. Is. Awesome. I even want to elope, almost just like C did. It surprises me when people in the ward are surprised we are such good friends.

So why the blog all her own? Good question. No reason; I might have just been thinking about the night in Park City and the shrimp (oh man that was good shrimp); or maybe I was really excited about Legally Blonde this weekend and the prospect of the new pizza joint we are going to try; I might have just been thinking "we really do need to start walking again now it is getting warmer especially since we seem to gravitate to good food together... time to work it off"; or maybe, just maybe, there is no reason at all. Oh but we do need a night to catch you up on Glee!

No comments: