Saturday, March 13, 2010

Comcast Cares Day

Comcast Cares day is April 24th. Each year Comcast provides service to many community groups. This year they will be working on Midvale Elementary, Midvale Park, Copperview Community Center and the Midvale Performing Arts Center. We are looking for as many volunteers as we can get especially for Midvale Elementary and the Midvale Performing Arts Center. Please consider donating your time that morning to make a difference! In return you will receive free breakfast & lunch and a free t-shirt. Comcast would like estimates of how many volunteers as soon as possible. There will be stuff for kids to do so don't let that stop you! Volunteer release forms can be picked up from Suzanne Walker or at Midvale City Hall and they need to be filled out by March 24 so Comcast can order food and t-shirts. One family can fill out one form.

If you would like more information on who to contact to get release forms for this wonderful day email me or send me a comment. I hope to be able to work on the Performing Arts Center because it is the venue I spend most of my time at, but each venue needs many volunteers and this should be a nice fun day.

2 comments:

Candice J said...

Volunteer to do what?

Steph said...

There will be a ton of different things to volunteer to do based on the level of what one can do. I know the Arts Center is being repainted. The rest, well I have not heard much of what is going to happen. My guess is that there will be pregnant lady projects too, though.