Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just Let Me Be ... Legally Blonde!

As part of our season tickets we saw Legally Blonde last night. It. Was. Amazing!! I admit it was hard to not sing along with the show! I am so looking forward to going again on Saturday. Tickets are probably still available from Broadway Across America. The price of admission for me was well worth it to see pink Uggs on a man, and to hear live the song There! Right There (Gay or European?)

I love this musical anyway, but it was so fun to see it on stage. I had even more fun once I recognized 2 names in the program. First and foremost was Doug Meyer, one of the producers. He is friends with the family I was a nanny for in Chicago. I love this man’s family and was so happy to “help” on his return of investment by buying a ticket. I will always remember watching him win the Tony for Best Musical (The Producer’s) and spinning the Tony award while Mel Brooks spoke. Also in this show is a lady I am a huge fan of, Lucia Spina who plays Enid. All I am saying is this show was awesome!! It is here through the end of the week. I recommend!

Some fun videos for you of Lucia Spina:

I cry every time I watch this video, it is so funny! She is truly fun to watch perform. She is the dancer on the far right in the green sweat shirt. If it cuts off here, the link is just above.



I also very much enjoy her voice. This video shows how strong it is

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Seriously AWE, wait for it, SOME! I loved this show and I'm kinda jealous that you get to see it again. Say hello to the Leprechauns for me!

Steph said...

Seriously, if this play were a man I would marry it and bear its children... just saying.

jkribbit said...

I can not wait for Saturday!

Also, You handled it really well. Hahahaha. So snarkastic! Love it. :)

Stephanie said...

Wow, wow, WOW! She is a.maz.ing!