Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Magical 'T'

Have you ever noticed that some Utahans have a problem with the letter 't'? It shows up in words it should not be in and disappears from others. Examples:
saltsa (salsa)
Wiltson (Wilson)
moun-hin (mountain)
Lay-hin (Layton)

and my personal favorite:
hun-hin (hunting)

What is it about the 't' that we have problems with? I also notice that sometimes the 'g' at the end of 'ing' goes missing: fishin, hikin, walkin. What is more 'day' turns into 'dee': Mondee, Tuesdee, Sundee. Oy.

It is endearing and little annoying at times! :) Right, Sister? Shout out to 'turtle' instead of 'turdle'? Just an observation ... nothing more.

5 comments:

Candice J said...

Wha you talkin bout? We talk good. :)

This Place is a Disaster! said...

My personal most annoying thing about the t is when people think the word "else" ie or else, is said 'or elts'.
I think the DEE is an old school farmer thing - it's how my grandpa did it!!!

Unknown said...

what i hate is when people say expresso instead of espresso...so anoying!

Erica said...

And then you have a seal at the base of a window and you go see the sills at the zoo. You know how I fill about that. I rilly don't like it. ;^)

Jenny said...

My favorite is crens instead of crayons.