Monday, October 27, 2008

Soooooo Tired

I am sitting in my mom's hospital room where she has been asleep for 2-1/2 hours. Her white cell count is down to 0.1 which is the lowest it can do. We have new quarantine procedures in place. Everyone in the room must wear gloves at all time and any one who has direct contact with her must wear a gown and mask. Anyone who is sick MUST stay away for sure now.

Today Mom asked me to get her painting stuff out so she could entertain herself this afternoon. She is working on a project for Barry and Debbie. She painted while I took a nap (LOL) and then the took her down for an x-ray of her wrist. I have never seen her more tired looking than when they brought her back from x-ray. I helped her get into bed and she has been asleep since.

Overall though she is on schedule for what the transplant is supposed to do. Her blood counts are where they expect her to be, but unlike other people who have had a transplant she has not had to have a blood transfusion. The doctor thinks this might change tomorrow. Mom told me they expect to have to give her one then. Mom's biggest complaint that she is expressing is that she is so very tired. Mom is a doer and likes to be able to work. She does not like to have to be in bed and hates feeling tired all of the time. Everyone keeps telling her this is normal but nevertheless she hates is.

Mom just woke up so I am off, more later.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

She is such a trooper! You're an awesome daughter as well. She'll continue to be in our thoughts and prayers - even if they are coming long distance! Take care of yourself too! You'll be in those thoughts and prayers too! Love ya!

jkribbit said...

I just wanted to send a little love. Please tell your Mom "hi" for me and you're all still in our prayers. And please remember that I'm happy to help in any way I can.