Saturday, July 26, 2008

Vaca #1, 2008

Recently I went on a girl's birthday weekend away with Candice. We do it every year. Instead of buying a prezzie for one another we go on vaca. This year we went to Park City for Friday-Monday, a bit late in the year for us... we went in June and our birthdays are in January and February. While there we often stayed by the pool reading books, getting a tan, or in my car shopping for homes for when we are independently wealthy (or lost in East Canyon… maps people!)

One day we went for a drive to Heber, grabbed some breakfast; and then sauntered over to the Heber Valley Railroad. The train had left for the day so we wandered around and took some photos. I sometimes like to pretend I can take great artsy photos; most of the time in reality I take decent photos. (My sister-in-law is a photog) So here are a few of the best ones, the ones I really liked. I also need to learn photoshop to touch up the ones I do not like, but have potential. (btw, my sister’s brother-in-law takes some great shots!)











I call it vaca #1, 2008 because I have another girl's weekend away next weekend to Vegas. There might be those who say I have too many vacations planned, to them I say: "Shut up!" (Seriously if you have not see The Drowsy Chaperone and it is playing in a city near you, GO!! That last line is funny if you have seen it and frankly rude if you have not)

3 comments:

Erica said...

You got some really nice ones in there. :^) And, as I've learned, the best way to get better is to practice!

BTW...I'd love to teach you some photoshop tricks if you'd like.

Very nice pics by your sis-in-law as well as your sis's bro-in-law. I'm jealous she's done a wedding! I can't wait to do Kate and Brandon's! :^)

Rach said...

Heck, why not go on vacations? I wish I could go on MORE vacations. Have fun in Vegas!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful pics!
Sounds like a blast. :)