Monday, July 7, 2008

A family weekend

The whole family was up for the majority of the weekend. We did not do anything really on the 4th, but everyone came up for Saturday the 5th. We started with a pool party for the little ones. Ainsleigh loves the water, and I think Lottie did not appreciate being splashed by her older, more aggressive cousin. Barry and Debbie bought this little frog pool that is perfect for the little girls. Barry blew it up on Friday and I filled it early on Saturday so the water could warm up.
Like I said Ainsleigh is no stranger to the splashing
I could not decide which pic I liked best, so you get to see both of them.

Then the family all (with the exception of Colleen's hubby Brad who had to work) went to see Get Smart at the theater. It was pretty funny. I am a fan of Michael Scott and the Princess from the Diaries and who does not love a gay Rock?

Then we all went back to the homestead to have a bbq meal together to kick off another fast for Mom. There is something to be said about a hamburger, dog, and banana split! We have a little bird living in our patio area. I am fairly certain that we found his dead mom when doing yard work earlier in the day. Gus, as I named him, did not fly much. He was not afraid of us getting close to him, although we did not attempt to touch him or anything. I left some little bits of popcorn on the ground for him, I am growing as a person.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Cute! I love the splashing pictures!

Stephanie said...

So much fun!
Your neices are gorgeous!

jkribbit said...

Those little girls are so adorable! And I love that it's a froggy pool!