Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sweet Sweet Victory...

Obviously I have been obsessed with the Rubik's Cube for the past 3 days. I was getting to the last 3 squares and messing up. Over and over again. I did it last night twice, twice today during lunch, once tonight at home. My Jedi Master, Barry came by this evening and talked me through it one more time, but I wanted to do it on my own, with no help. (by the way he did it again tonight but in two minutes. He is like the Rainman of the cube.) Anyway he messed it up for me, and I set off to solve it again. I got to the death spot... Started to do the last sequence to solve the puzzle and I felt I was doing it wrong, I looked up at Barry... and told him he was not allowed to help me this time. I DID IT!! You can see Barry's legs in this shot below... what a good brother!

It amazes me how good finishing this one thing made me feel.

Side bar on a small funny story: My mom has an appointment tomorrow to get a bone treatment that is supposed to strengthen her bones so they do not break so easily. I asked her if she needed to borrow a book but she said she had one. I asked her what it was and it is called Step on a Crack. I laughed so hard and looked at her and said, "As in 'or you'll break your mamma's back'?" As if the cancer wasn't doing that fast enough, now books?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! That's awesome that you solved it on your own!
Best wishes for your mom's appointment.

Sarahbina said...

That is so cool! Surprisingly one of my life long goals is to be able to solve the rubix cube, so this has really helped!

jkribbit said...

Congrats, Steph! I remember having a genius level Rubik's Cube - it had four rows on each side... By that point I had learned that pulling of the stickers didn't work too well - they never stayed stuck after that. But I could pull the individual blocks off of the frame and then put them back together correctly. I never have figured out how to solve one of these correctly. Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane...