Thursday, June 12, 2008

T-minus 8 days: Birdie is a GO!!

Last night at rehearsal I had a friend who I trust come watch the show in order to give me feedback on what is working and what I might need to fix. All he really saw was a need to improve our transitions (which we have not worked on since we have no set yet) and some character notes for my rock star. He said he was really impressed with the cast (especially my two leading ladies) and is excited to bring his wife back to see the real production. I could not have been happier to hear this. I was a little worried, although I knew we had a great production, to have him come because he can be really critical of other work. (i.e. if he had been the director he would have done this... this... this... and this...) but he did not give any of those notes. He laughed in all of the right places, he thought the "touchy parts" were just touchy enough, he thought the music was strong, and he loved the dance!! We open a week from tomorrow and I can not wait now to show the rest of the world what a great group of people we found to be in this show.

1 comment:

emily, etc, etc said...

It's true - we are great.....and you were worried!