Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Precious

As I was running out to work this morning we had a few visitors come to spend the day with Grandma and Grumpa. Lottie and Ainsleigh are both going to be at my house all day today. It made me sad I could not stay all day and play with them. (Starbuck wonders how to say 'work sucks' in Bulgarian... now that she knows how to say 'cancer sucks' in Bulgarian: bolesti e gluposti)

So I got to work and decided it was time to post some more recent pics of the kids. These two little girls are just so great. I would call them precious but my sister Colleen gets mad when we call them that. See at the Primary Children's Hospital the nurses have a code, I guess. They call the cute babies cute or beautiful, and the not so cute one are termed precious... like do they play rock, paper, scissors to see who has to hold the ugly ones? Sad... Well Colleen's baby had on a pretty purple sleeper with a flower and the word 'precious' on it. Frankly I thought it was rather funny that we are not allowed to call her precious but she can wear clothing that says as much.

This is Lottie in her much to large blessing dress that Mom and Colleen made for her. By the way, mad props to Colleen for getting back into her "normal" jeans rather quickly after having a baby. She can even wear a belt!! We are so proud of our Princess...
Alright so it was a big day for Lottie, so many people wanting to hold her and she kind of got tired of it and being in a dress... so I snapped this pic her of crying (I think it is way cute, but it breaks Colleen's heart every time she cries.) Then I heard Ainsleigh beind me and turned around in time to see this:
She was throwing a little diva fit because everyone was looking at Lottie (do you like how I am now a baby-whisperer? Like this is really what they were thinking...) Ainsleigh has perfected the little fake pouty cry as is pictured here where she has the face but no tears... pathetic.
Ainsleigh was at my house the other day and started that little fake pouty cry so she and I took a little trip to my room for new scenery for her and I needed to change my shirt. I sat her on my bed with a rattle I got her for Christmas ... it says Broadway Baby. I thought for sure she would fall on to her back, but instead she stayed in a sitting position for the whole time!! Soooo Big!!
Okay so I snapped too many pics of her, but this one I call Blue Steel
Ainsleigh is cutting some teeth so she is a drool monkey right now. I debated fixing the red eye... but I really think it adds something to this photo!
The bib says it all... it is so true

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What gorgeous little ladies! You are so lucky!