Friday, June 27, 2008

A letter to my bed

Dear Bed

Oh how I have missed you for the last month, and especially the last 2 weeks. I look back fondly on the time we used to spend together. I remember laying in your with nothing to do, no where to be, no one to yell at, no one to yell at me. I remember just laying around watching movies, or sitting on you doing homework, or snuggling with ... well ... I guess I really do not have anyone to snuggle on you with. I have missed you so much that I would be honored if you would allow me to be your guest this evening in doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Well that is not true, we might be joined by my laptop and some much needed homework. But I promise that I will put on the West Wing season 5 to distract you until I am done.

However, dear bed, now that I can spend more time with you, I am sad to not have the time I have spent with my new friends. I will miss Wretchel being 190 months pregnant in 450 degree weather; I will miss Murphy always wearing black; I will miss my leading ladies (all three of them) every day I can not get a smile from Emily, a hug from Meg, or a kiss from Kate. I will miss the Hamilton Family ALWAYS being willing to help; I will miss appendicitis and heat stroke victims; I will miss my sound dudes but oddly not so much the light guy; I will miss Skyler the best SLCC employee ever; I will miss my good friends in the potty train; I will miss the BDPAE and the BDSME; I will miss the ladies in the cast who are always cherrful and ready to help; I will miss the piano movers; I will miss the sad (ahem) girls; I will miss Brandon's giant head (I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow); I will miss River and Jane; I will miss the make-up artist; I will miss the girl who stands and stares who is related to the boy to shoots everything; I will miss Patti and Rebecca scaring the marching band into never playing again; I will miss warm Bubble Up; I will miss having my grammar corrected; I will miss having different tempos every night; I will miss telling little white lies so there can be an engagement; I will miss the cancer drive; I will miss the love and the hugs and the friends.

I will not miss the drama; I will not miss the whou-aour; I will not miss the mean girls.

I will be happy when my best friend and I can be best friends and not have to worry about props or costumes or missed cues. I will be happy when she and I can go see her not so secret crush tomorrow. I will be happy when we can go on our little Park City vaca. I love my best friend!

But bed, I miss you, and I will see you soon!
Love Starbuck

3 comments:

emily, etc, etc said...

A letter well written, I must say...I am glad that you and your bed are on the path to reuniting! Isn't it a great feeling to have an old friend back in your life - and really there no old friend like a bed. And anytime you need a smile, just go to my blog - I am there, just waiting to smile for you.....

Rach said...

Head! Pillow! Now!

I will truly miss you, too. It's been quite an experience. A really fun-filled, interesting, amazing experience.

Stephanie said...

You're so good!
I will miss seeing you.

Oh, and I'm not wearing black today. Okay, only just a little bit.

;)