Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Handsome Handsome Man!!

The Drowsy Chaperone is currently touring in Salt Lake right now. How fantastic is this show? I laughed and laughed. Okay the premise of the show is that a man sitting alone in his apartment is sharing with the audience one of his favorite sound tracks. I loved it from the very moment the room went dark and I hear "I hate theater!" The Man in the Chair then puts on a record and the show comes to life in his apartment. He interacts with the show and pauses as needed. So funny!! The man in the chair was played by Johnathon Crombie, aka Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables. Also in this cast was Georgia Engel known from her roles on Mary Tyler Moore Show and Everybody Loves Raymond. Below are photos of Crombie with Candice and yours truly. Candice has a super huge crush on him... and frankly he is a doll! Candice was totally on a cloud after this. He was really nice and signed programs for each of us and one for her mom.



5 comments:

Patti said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!

Rach said...

You guys are huge stalkers! I'm glad you got to meet him. I saw you and Candice walking out and new you were on your way to sit by the stage door!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Oh, Gilbert!!!! How can any man live up to the expectiantion he has set for a good hug!!!! Oh, Gilbert!

Miss Megan said...

Yay! What a great day! Glad you liked the show, and Gilbert was so darling!

Steph said...

Oh man was he darling?!?! I could have taken him home with me and neither of my parents could have objected to the union!!