Sunday, June 22, 2008

An honor

On opening night the cast of Birdie gave me the best director's gift I could ever receive. They had decided to dedicate the run of the show to my mom. Additionally they are raising money for the American Cancer Society in my mom's name. Then they are matching the donation as well. I could not believe that they would do this. I am honored to have this cast work for me and they have become such amazing friends.

I have really worked the cast hard to be ready for this opening and they really have risen to every challenge I have given them. Opening night was amazing and while the second night presented challenges (I think Austin's appendix did not burst because of the prayers of the cast) the whole cast did so great. I have an amazing crew as well. I have counted on Candice, Stephanie and Rachael for so long and now Laren and Maida are doing so much work for me. It has been an honor to work with the cast and crew already; and now they give me such an amazing gift. I am touched beyond words.

Since I know a few of my cast and crew read this: THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It's been an honor to work with YOU!
We love you, Stephanie!