Saturday, June 7, 2008

Support System...

I have learned to never underestimate the power of support. If you think about it, our lives are all about support. Either we need support or we are here to support others. My first memory of support is using training wheels to learn to ride a bike. There is technical support, customer support, consumer support, support centers, support staff, and support hose (Truvy Jones: Well, these thighs haven't gone out of the house without lycra on them since I was 14. Clairee Belcher: You were brought up right.) Let’s face it support is important for many reasons.

Growing up I learned to be independent, probably too independent. I have a hard time asking for help in most instances because it is just easier to do it myself than to have someone else do it. This is not a great place to be in for the most part, although if there is a mistake I know who to blame. I have found this week that more than anything emotional support is most important to me right now. Now I am not talking about the support I can receive from on high; that is a spiritual topic for another day. I talk of the unfailing support of family and friends while in this life. Because when plans and life in general fall apart (due to a lack of physical support) it is nice to know that there are those who offer unfailing emotional support. So to those who are always there for me, thanks!

No comments: