Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A blog for my sisters

When I lived in Chicago I had many great sister missionaries who I was able to work with. Too many, in fact, to name. Although I have recently been reconnected to a few.

Melissa and I never really fell out of contact. We have been emailing for years now, here and there. Mostly when a big event takes place like the birth of her children or a play I do. Once I went up to Ogden and helped her and Doug with some house renovation... I wonder what ever happened to that house. Then I was at a baby blessing for my cousins kid a few months ago and there she was!! Melissa to me is a rock. She has this wit that not even I can keep a straight face. I think she might have been the last sister I had before I moved. Oh man a flash back just came to me of washing a car in the drive way on P-day!!

Nutt... well her name is Sarah... or is that how she spells it? Maybe it is just Sara... maybe I just think her name is Sarah when in fact it is not. Frankly I have only really ever called her Nutt or Nutter after her mission. Maybe I should get to the bottom of this one. Since she was a Sister, I called Sister Nuttal... hm... so this one time I was in Oregon, not sure why, and that is where she hails from. I can not even remember if she was there or not, but I visited the homestead. What beautiful country. I would never leave... well except I did and now I am in a desert. So Nutt to me is joy. I found her only recently through a common blog and could not be happier to find her and I believe another trip to Oregon should be on my list of things... oh wait I am fairly sure it will be next summer.

Kristel... or as I call her Koner... well she is just special in my life for the simple reason that for 3 months once upon a time she was the ONLY person I could communicate with. I had this nasty ear infection that took my hearing temporarily. Since Kristel knows sign I could understand her when she talked to me. Melissa got pretty good too, if I remember!! Well recently I have found more than just a mission/member relationship. Kristel apparently married into the biggest family EVER!! I have 3 friends who are her cousins by marriage now: one from high school, one from Chicago, and one is my current neighbor. Crazy I say!!

So why am I blogging about this? Well these Sisters make me happy. While these are not the only Sisters from Chi that I worked with, they are the ones who I still have contact with. The other Sisters, like the one from Alaska or the one I went to high school with, are great too. These Sisters were there right after my mission, so of course I still wanted to help in any way I could. Good times.

I am sure I was thinking about them because I have been on the phone with my family in Chicago because Dylan is graduating this weekend... and I have a gift idea I wanted to run past them. I will blog about this once it is done, because frankly I am very excited about it. Really they have nothing to do with each other, but that is how my brain worked... I am complex in many ways!!

1 comment:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Thank you. I am one of those siters. It's nice to be thought of once in a while. Feels good.