Friday, August 22, 2008

Swimming Lesson

I have loved swimming for a long time, I would live in the pool if I could. I did the swim leg of a sprint tri relay a few years ago and then just kind of gave it up. I think this year I might just get together with a runner and a biker and try one again.

Well I decided a few months ago that I was going to pick up swimming again but thought I should make sure I am doing it right. So today I had a 3 HOUR swim lesson with the wonderful Debbie.

My main concern has been that I never learned to hold my breath under water without plugging my nose. So she taught me how to do it. I could not believe I was doing it. Then we focused on the strokes that I would benefit from swimming the most. Back and forth, back and forth in the pool. She was so patient and great! I would get to the middle of the pool and swallow a large gulp of water and need to start over.

The last thing she did with me scared me to death!! She taught me to dive. Kneeling at first on the side of the pool, then standing with her holding my leg in the right position, then doing it all by myself. I was so scared, I am not a diver, never have been. Well guess what world? I did it and it was rather cool. Beats sitting in the office all day long!!

Then her kids came out and joined us in the pool for some fun and games. She dropped some things at the bottom and Garrett and I raced to pick them up. I did hand stands and flips in the water. Even though I lathered on the sun block I am rather red at the moment. Rather red!! I guess 3 hours in the pool requires more sun block than one is used to putting on. It is alright I need some extra color on my face for the BIG HAIR change I am about to make on Monday!!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Fun! I'd love to learn how to swim underwater without holding my nose. Maybe next summer K and I can both do some lessons with our fun Debbie. :^)

And yes, I do have a private blog. I know there is some way to add private ones to your roll though because I have three of them on mine. I just don't remember how I did it and I don't have another one I can check with.

They're all at the bottom and won't show me when they've been updated, but I know to check them myself every so often. As long as I'm logged into my blog I can look at theirs without signing in every time. Let me know if you don't figure it out and I can try taking one of mine off and putting it back on. :^) *hugs*

BRITTANY said...

Atta girl!

Ranell said...

I'm here, Steph! Swimming is not my favorite thing, but your post made me want to do it more often. Glad you're rekindling an old flame! Can't wait to see your big hair change on Monday! It's great to be back in touch with you ... I'll come back often to hear about your adventurous life!