Thursday, August 7, 2008

Parade Parade Parade

So little known fact about me: I hate parades. I had my fill of them when my sister was Miss Midvale and I was her chaperon for EVERY city's parade. I admit I liked it at the time, but now... not so much.

The exception, however, is the Midvale Harvest Days parade because I have been a parade announcer for the past 8 years. I love it. If you know me well you know I love the feel of a mic in my hand and the sound of my voice ... chills just thinking about it.

The Harvest Days parade is this Saturday, starting at 10:00 a.m. if anyone is interested. It is a good old fashioned town parade. Kids are encouraged to enter having decorated their bikes... though not many do... it is still the thought that is cool. My spot on the parade route is on the corner of Grant and Center Streets. Center is 7720 South and Grant is 3 blocks West of State Street. My besty Candice sits and gets her hand on the mic when I am not feeling selfish... just kidding we both announce together.

And the best part always is that we bring Otter Pops (frozen nonetheless) to share because it gets hot out there. So if you do not have plans this Saturday morning and have a hankering for a good frozen treat, pretty girls on floats, and an outrageous amount of campaigning politicians.... you know where I will be!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I SO want to cry when I think of not sitting out on my sidewalk on Saturday. I may just end up on your corner. Not "your corner" (I don't want to make you sound like a prostitute). You get it.

Miss Megan said...

Oh! How did it go? Did you and Candice just have a blast? Sounds like fun -- sorry I missed it!