Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cancer Sucks Language Contest

My mother had an appointment with her cancer docs yesterday and they gave her a pin that says: Cancer Sucks

I have been trying to learn the phrase Cancer Sucks in a new languge each month since June. But now I am getting anxious to learn as many as I can in a short amount of time.
BLOG READERS UNITE!! Do you know how to say Cancer Sucks in a language other than English? I would love for you to comment on my blog with the following information:

Cancer Sucks spelled in a foreign language
The name of the language
The translation of the phrase in case it varies from Cancer Sucks (see below)
How to pronounce the words phonetically
The winner of the most unique language gets a prize from me... what is the prize? Good question, but it will be fun, I would have to be creative in case someone away from Utah wins! I understand that some languages might not have a direct translation for the word Sucks as I am using it, so be creative and use similar phrasing (Cancer is ugly or I hate Cancer, etc) Also if you might know it in a language that might not be similar enough to English that you can type it in, let me know. I am thinking of Asian languges here where I might need to see a jpeg or something.
On your mark, get set, GO!!

8 comments:

Mandee Lue said...

I asked the Spanish teacher at my school, so here it is for you in Espanol!

El Cancer es pesado!

Cancer sucks!!

Sarahbina said...

Écouter craindre- French Cancer Sucks

cancro succhiare- Ittalian Cancer Sucks

There you go!

Miss Megan said...

Rats! I wish I spoke another language... is it cheating if I ask my brother how to say it in Swedish? Or my other brothers how to say it in Spanish or French...?

Erica said...

Well...how do I do this? I can show you how to sign it. :^) Does that count? How about my prize being that I get back on your blog roll? :^)

Rach said...

Io Odio Cancro - I hate cancer
Cancro e' Brutto - Cancer is Ugly
Both in Italian.

BRITTANY said...

Krebs saugt (German)

Scott and Courtney said...

I'm sure you've already given your prize, but I just found your blog, and read this post. But here it is in Cambodian, anyway - courtesy of Scott:

rokmohareek yap nah!!
Translation: the disease that grows a lot (meaning cancer). Yap doesn't translate directly into "sucks" but that is the word the Cambodians use for it. And nah puts emphasis to it.

Anonymous said...

I know we talked about this already, but here it is officially:

Ancercay Uckssay - Pig Latin

And if you want to translate other phrases into this beautiful language, here is the link to a Pig Latin Translator:

http://users.snowcrest.net/donnelly/piglatin.html

Love you -- Love your mom!