Monday, August 18, 2008

RIP My Nemesis

My brother's cat Harry died suddenly this weekend of unknown reasons. For those who know me, I am not a pet person, especially cats. I found I was oddly sad by his death this weekend, really shocked. Harry seemed to know I did not like cats and would srtike at me just to piss me off, and man that cat had a fast get away!! Once he pounced at my feet when I was standing at the top of the stairs and I reacted as I always did when taken my surprise with an animal and jerked my foot. Well I caught Harry with my foot and he went flying to the bottom of the steps in a kamikaze flying move. He landed, of course, on his feet at the bottom of the stairs and looked up at me with a "What the crap did you do that for?" look. LOL Out Loud. Needless to say it was the last time he pounced on my feet.
Rest in peace my nemesis!! I will actually miss you, and I know my brother really does too.

2 comments:

Jill and Andy said...

So sad! Harry actually sometimes kind of tolerated me. I felt like we were on good terms. Give my condolences to Barry. Poor sad mean devil kitty.

emily, etc, etc said...

Too bad about the cat. I actually really like cats - I like that they are outwardly proud and snobby, but inside just as nice as the rest of the fam. Obviously I had a cat growing up - his name was Fred and he was definately part of the family. I somtimes wonder if maybe we like a particular animal because we act like them - I hope I am not snobby and proud?..... Anyway, condolences on the passing of Harry.