Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nothing to do

Today was an oddity at work... I had nothing to do. I cleaned my office and did a Sam's Club run... I can not believe how incredibly bored I am today. I am sure tomorrow is going to be busy (IT IS BONUS DAY!!) so that will be a chunk of my day I guess. Side bar, half of my bonus is going into a savings account so that next year if I get a bonus comparable to what I am getting this year I will be able to put a down payment on a house. My boss Mike or Steve hand out the bonus checks, although I process them. Steve is out of town this year and Mike just told me he is going to just not come it. I told him I would boycott work with him as well, but could I have my checks before we leave work today? LOL. That would be total pandemonium. (Life is pandemonium, yes it is) Every pay day this lady in our office comes in and asks me if she can have her check before she leaves for lunch. My whole thing is that it is pay DAY. So I have all day to give checks out. My thoughts are that as long as the checks are out before 5 I am alright. Well she does not see it that way. I have to be honest that one day I told her no; that I was not done with them and had another project to do (which was the truth, btw) and she could have it after lunch if I had them processed. She went in and told our boss that I was not going to pay anyone today (what are we in the 2nd grade? Kill me.) So Mike came in and asked why I was refusing to pay people (what the frak?), I told him what I was working on and that everyone would be paid by the end of the day. He was like, “Oh she told me you just told her she could not have her check.” Right, like I am not going to hand out paychecks. Oy vey! So the next pay day I left at like 11 just to spite her. The joke is on me, she made Mike get the checks out of my locked files and hand them out. What was I talking about? Oh being bored… Sometimes when I am bored I babble.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So I found your blog site!