Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Do not remove under penalty of...

Peggy tagged me, Peggy just moved, how she has time to tag is beyond me!! But if she has time to do it and unpack, I guess I can avoid work for a minute to fulfill the tag.

I'm supposed to list 6 quirky things about myself.
Link back to the person who tagged me.
List the rules on my blog.
Tag 6 "unsuspecting" bloggers to complete, see the end of the post.

1. I was a tomboy growing up. I liked to play what the boys were playing as opposed to the girls. I wore my brother’s old clothing and did not bother with dresses or anything frilly unless forced upon by my mother. One day I was out with the boys jumping our bikes off a ramp. I hit the ramp wrong and did a magnificent flip off of the ramp landing on my face. I scrapped myself up pretty good, bruised my two front teeth. I still have scars on my hands from the fall.

2. I have a phobia of germs. I get sick really easily so I am obsessive of washing my hands and not touching things I do not know where they have been. However, once I know you I can do such things as not wipe off my fork before eating at your house or share (gulp) chap stick with you… but I do always wipe it off before or after. To get to this point takes years.

3. I love kissing, odd if you read the above. When I moved to Chicago I was not a kisser, I was a hugger. The people I lived with are a kissy group of people; mostly on the cheek, sometimes on the lips. It took me a while to get used to my boss kissing me on the cheek but then I started to really like that form of greeting or farewell.

4. I am terrified of the dark and guns. TERRIFIED. My uncle and cousin were both murdered by a person with a gun at night (different times, one right before my mission and one during). When I moved home a few years ago one of our customers found out that I was afraid of guns and thought it would be a good idea if he broke me of this fear. So one day he snuck into my office while my head was down with two guns. When I looked up I had 2 six shooters pointed at my head. I hit the floor, rocking and crying. He thought it was funny; I am even more scared of guns now. I can handle the dark for the most part now.

5. I force myself to not be shy. While I seem really outgoing, I do not like new situations or situations I do not have control over, I normally shrink in the corner until I feel comfortable. I am kind of a control freak, yes it is true. I walked out of the only surprise birthday party that was ever successfully thrown for me because I do not like not knowing what is going on. (This is not a challenge to throw me a party; I will walk out of it too!)

6. I do not have a love of school; it is hard for me to get good grades. In high school I would study and study for a test and pass with a C while my siblings would not study and get an A. My mom used to call me her street smart kid and the others were book smart. However, I was the 3rd person in my family to get an Associates Degree and will be the first in my family to have a Bachelors when I finish in March.

Now, I tag: Emily, Amy, Rachael, Melissa, Jill & Rochelle. Do it, don’t do it, meh…

6 comments:

Rach said...

He thought it would be funny to point two guns at your head? Need I say, what and idiot. (Sorry if you happen to like him.)
Is there another Rachael that reads your blog? I'm so used to you calling me Wretchel.

Steph said...

I knew that not calling you Wretchel would cause confusions... I knew it. Listen to that still small voice.

Steph said...

And by that I mean yes Wretchel you are my Rachael...

Stephanie said...

This was so much fun to learn these things about you. You're so cute!

Erica said...

I love learning all these fun new things about you! :^)

Amy Maida Wadsworth said...

There are probably a million amys that you know, but this sounds fun, so I'm assuming you meant me. I loved reading the story about the surprise party and remembering the long version you told me. You're truly wonderful. I promise I will never throw you a party without letting you plan it. :)