Friday, September 5, 2008

Hey Don't Blame ME... Tony Danza is alive and well in Brooklyn

On September 11, 2003 I was at lunch with a few people from work and made the statement, "John Ritter is the worst actor ever, there really is no reason for him to still be alive." Harsh, I know. In retrospect I should not have said this and I regret my phrasing, truly regret it. I take full responsibility for what happened later that day: John Ritter died. My coworkers have blamed me ever since and, frankly, justly so. However, when Johnny Cash died the next day, September 12, 2003, they asked me what I had against him. Let the record state that I like Johnny Cash and had said nothing bad about him at all. The other day my sister asked me what I had said that killed Tony Danza a few years ago. (The bouncing ball to get to this point is humorous but too long to share; I will just say in the immortal words of Elton John: Hold Me Closer Tony Danza.) Then just today someone at work reminded me of the John Ritter debacle, as it shall ever be known, and asked me why I killed Tony Danza as well. Let me state that Tony Danza is alive as well as of this posting. And also for the record, “Ay oh Angela!” May the Brooklyn Brawler live long and prosper (that was for you Megan… 3 days until you turn 30!) My opinion was changed on John Ritter as well with the introduction of Noises Off (thank you Candice) I mean, all I am saying is, am I right Lloyd? Coming up on the 5 year anniversary of your death, may you rest in peace John Ritter. I am sorry.

Speaking of hard bouncing balls to follow.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

YOU KILLED CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG????

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Tony Danza . . .tiny dancer. . . ha, you funny!