Monday, October 31, 2011

House Pic - Before Edition

Alright the internets, please allow me to introduce you to my house ... Internets house, house internets. There now you have been introduced. I moved in Saturday, not a stitch of my ... anything ... is unpacked, but I have moved in. I slept there for the first time Saturday ... or rather I should say I was there over night Saturday. Sleep did not really happen. I do not know if it was because my entire body ACHED or because I was nervous or because I was excited. True to her word, Mom had a sleep over with me Saturday night. She did sleep. The next morning she helped me put a few things away before she went home to get ready for church and by that I mean took a nap, then went to church. 

So allow me to start off with the before pics. Then I have during pics and after pics. Notice in each room the overabundance of wall paper. These pics are just of upstairs because that is where I live. The downstairs will be done soon, hopefully, so I can get a roommate. 

Before: The bathroom. Yes it is THAT small. 

The kitchen top layer of wallpaper. We found 6 more under

This is my bedroom. That orange is painted OVER wallpaper. 

This is my closet ... or second bedroom. The actual closets are rather small and I gots lots of clothes. This also will be my office and my treadmill lives here now.  

This is the dining room with the minimal record of only one layer of wallpaper.  Notice the white entry way to the kitchen because that was a ridiculously awesome project that took us 2 days. I LOVE it!!

This is one wall of my living room. 

The dining to kitchen view.

Sadly I did not get good before pics of the living room because when I took these there was still stuff that did not belong to me in that room. So obviously there was some work to do.Today the kitchen, hall and bathroom are not finished. The rest of the upstairs is ready to live in. The scene last night went a little something like this: Steph walks in the house, closes the glass door, locks both locks on that door, closes the wood door, locks both locks on that door, does the same for the front doors, sets the alarm perimeter, leaves the motion sensor off, goes into bedroom and locks that door too. Sleeps well. Is woken up around 3 with a loud crash outside, pictures being killed in her bed, then falls asleep again and sleeps really well. 

During pics to come. I moved, whatever. I live in my house. 

2 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Congratulations on finally moving in, and for surviving the first couple of nights in the new place. I can't wait to see "after" photos!

miss kristen said...

Congrats...sleeping in a big new place by yourself is scary. I made Mr. Wonderful sleep on my couch for like the first couple nights and I'm in an apartment---on the top floor. I know, I'm a baby.

I'll still come be your roomie if you haven't found anyone by January.