Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Conversation with Mom

Originally the plan was for me to move the big stuff into my house this last Tuesday. That fell through so the big stuff is going over Saturday morning (starting at 8:30 if you are not busy and want to drop by ... whatever.) So the following conversation, as best as I can remember it, happened earlier this week:

Mom: So are you going to start sleeping at your new house this week?
Steph: Are you crazy?! It is scary over there!
Mom: (pause) What?
Steph: There are a lot of weird noises and stuff. It is straight up scary over there!
Mom looks with a sympathetic look at the crazy that is Steph.
Steph: I do not think I can sleep there the first night without you. Wanna have a sleep over?
Mom: (thinking I am sure that she just wants to get rid of me says in a kind voice) Sure Steph. I can have a sleep over with you.

What would we do without Mom's? Mine is so great. Not only is she going to have a sleep over so I am not scared in my new house, but she has been baby sitting every weekend and many nights so I can have my siblings help me build a house AND one night we were working so hard and what did Mom make for us to drink with dinner? Butter Beer. I ask you ... how great is my Mom? I answer ... SO GREAT! Best. Mom. Ever. (no takebacks!)

By the way, the odd noise I was hearing? My washing machine changing cycles. Straight up scary, boo!

4 comments:

jkribbit said...

Awww. I love Mom. Have fun with your sleepover! :)

Fluffy Momma said...

I do love your mom. Like lots. A lot, a lot. She's pretty great.

Colleen said...

I missed butter beer? I'm the one who got concussed, and I didn't get butter beer? Whatever, just because I made a scary clown face in your house ...

Oh, and I do love our mom too.

miss kristen said...

Moms are pretty dang rad.

Dont worry Steffie...I get scared going of my own reflection...no really. My apartment is laid out weird and so to turn on my bedroom light I have to face my bathroom mirror...well it was dark, and well, you do the math.

I'm way more scaredy cat than you for sure. :)