Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cruel cruel man

I went out for the night Monday with some girlfriends to see the most silly ridiculous disturbing fun show I have seen in a long time (holla Witchapalooza crazies). My brother volunteered to help me with some last minute finishing touches in my house so I can move in this week and was gracious enough to do it alone. So I left him a list of what I would love done: Paint my trim white and assemble my bed. 

Shall we pause for a moment to tell you about this bed? It looks like this sans the bedding:
I have never owned a bed like this. With the exception of when I was a nanny and they had a beautiful bed in my room, I have had a metal frame and mattress though there was a spurt with a waterbed. I don't want to talk about it ...

So it is a pretty bed, it is an expensive bed, and it is my bed! The first bed I have owned on my own bought with my own money ...

Last night I get the following text from Brother: "I think it's going to take 3 coats to get this headboard white and I only have time tonight for 2. Sorry."

I gasped. Audibly gasped when I got it. In fact one of the girls I was with asked who had died and I said that I did a little. I had a very short ride home where I had a little bout with hyperventilation, squeezed L's hand for strength, and decided that it all was alright. It is just a bed, worse things could happen. There are starving children in Africa who do not have a bed. I took a deep breath and walked into my house. 

That punk. He thought that was a funny funny joke! My bed is not painted, it is assembled and beautiful. He said that if he did not hear from me soon, he was going to send a follow up text that said: "Just kidding, it only took 2 coats of paint." Bless his heart. 

So tonight we are going to hang the trim he painted yesterday and move some of my bigger pieces of furniture and then I will just have the small things to load into my house this week and I will be moved in! Before and after pics to come. 

6 comments:

Debbie said...

He showed me the text when he got home...laughing so hard that he actually had tears. I hit him for you. Can't wait to see the bed!!

Miss Megan said...

Ohmigoodness, I almost died a little when I read that text! Sooo glad it was a joke. The bed is DARLING and I want one! Congratulations on moving in, Steph. I'm sure that feels fantastic!!

Larissa said...

I LOVE this! My first thought was, "Oh I hope he's joking." Whew!
I strongly maintain my stance that when you are moving in somewhere you have to get all your furniture and decorating done then because you won't buy it otherwise. At least I don't. 3.5 years later and I'm still on an adjustable metal $30 frame from Sam's club. With no dresser. And no decorations.
People always compliment me on my "minimalistic, clean, modern" style. Little do they know it is called, "I don't know how to decorate and don't want to spend money." Oops:-)
I love your bed!

Margo said...

I am with you.. I would have gasped and then fainted. Then woke up with my heart pounding through my chest.

Some jokes are just not that funny.. :O)

miss kristen said...

I don't care who you are...that's just funny.

Gotta love brothers and their twisted senses of humor!

jkribbit said...

So glad it was just a joke! What a beautiful bed - I can't wait to see your house all put together! :)

Thanks for a great girls' night! Love you!