Tuesday, November 1, 2011

House Pics - During Edition

My aunts moved out of the house August 20, it took 2 months of work to get it to where I wanted it to be. It was indeed a labor of love for me. I do not think my hips will ever be the same. My calf muscles sure have never been this pronounced. 
This is my bedroom with some of the wall paper gone. We found 2 layers here.

The cable company sent a contractor to install my cable. This is what it looked like. This is also where I found that if I complain enough I get the cost of the install taken off and one month free service! 

The ceilings in the bedrooms had the cottage cheese stuff on there ... oh and it was painted over. My brothers are so great to scrape it off. It also pays to have asthma so I do not have to do the work!! 

Brad and Everett worked really hard to get it off and sand down the walls. Brad told us after I took this pic that he is actually smiling under his mask. Bless him. Funny kid!!

This is my bedroom with all of the ceiling and wall paper gone!!

Under the ceiling I found that an old vent had been "fixed". There are quite a few of these fixes in the house. You should see the fix down the stairs. It is card board!

This is the kitchen wallpaper layer 5. When we hit this layer the house filled with the smell of old cigarette smoke. My grandpa was the last person who was allowed to smoke in the house. He has been dead for almost 40 years. 


 This is the dining room, the wallpaper in this room came off so easily because the wall had been painted, then wallpapered. If I have not yet told the internets enough, do not wallpaper your house. OR if you have to wallpaper, may I recommend painting the wall first?


No comments: