Friday, October 7, 2011

Ta-Tow


Sister spent the night at our house last night with her girls as her hub is on a business trip. This morning she left for a quilt thing, because she enjoys that sort of thing. So Mom and I were getting the girls ready for the day. Mom was putting LoMo's "so pretties" in her hair and Mac was hungry. When asked what she wanted for breakfast she replied "Ta-tow!" She pointed to a nice basket of tomatoes as Sister was leaving, so Sister helped her pick out a nice tomato to eat for breakfast. She chose a juicy tomato and was mad at me that I would not let her eat it right away ... I saw some potential mess vs jammies ratio. So I dug up a bib for her to wear. Well Mac is 2 ... and she does 2 very well!! She would not put on the one I picked ... like I said ... she is 2. We finally agreed on a bib, after much crying ... from me. She was sitting on the counter at this point and she went to town on that tomato. She would take a bite, show me her tomato, and say "ta-tow!" So I did what any good aunt would do: I grabbed Mom's phone to take photos so I could post on my blog.







Breakfast of champions! See what I meant about mess vs jammies potential? I could eat this girl's cheeks ... and frankly I do sometimes. I ended up with some seeds on my shirt; and more to my surprise than anyone else, I did not change my shirt before I came to work. Growing as a person!

So put away your cold cereal, your toast and eggs, or your bagel with lox ... the new breakfast craze sweeping ... well my house ... is ta-tows. Recipe? Oh that is easy, grab a tomato and bib, hoist your pockets up on the counter, and chow!