Thursday, August 5, 2010

Here's a Story...

So the great iPad debate is over. It is over I say! I covet the iPad no more.

... because I am looking at one right now on my pretty little desk.

The story is thus of how I now own an iPad!!

Bonus day is next Friday. I had narrowed my search for the eReader of my choice to the iPad and Nook. The Kindle just did not look like it was going to do what I needed it to do for school. I made myself promise to play with both of my finalists before I bought one. Oops.

My boss's son bought a Kindle for law school when they first came out and loved it (but his college supported the software for textbooks, mine does not.) Then he upgraded to the iPad for his bar exam and just could not adjust to the differences and did not love it as much as he loved his Kindle (you know how you love what you know?) The other day he was in the office and I asked him how he liked the iPad for pdf reading, he said he did like it for that function but was not in love with it for other reasons. And as he was moving to Texas yesterday was not in the mood to pack it. Did I want a great deal on an iPad?

Pause to think about it for a nano-second, um yes please!!

So I first called my Mom and chatted with the Sisters to make sure it was a good idea and I was not rashly making a decision. I had the money he was asking for it, and I might add it was half of what I would have spent next week for a larger memory one. So my logical plan is to play with this smaller memory version to make sure I do like and one day upgrade.

I have my current school workshop documents loaded on it. I did an assignment today and it was pretty nice to look at the eReader sitting by my keyboard while typing and looking at my screen. I start actual classes again Aug 31 and I think it will come in handy!

Let's be honest, I already have some games on it too!! In fact I got a cool Simon game inspired after seeing Hale's production of The Wedding Singer was one of the first games I got. Pretty pleased with it so far!

1 comment:

jkribbit said...

OK, we definitely need another girls night. You're in school again? I thought you graduated... Are you going for a Masters?!?! That's awesome!! So, the Midvale show is over, Joseph is coming up and will soon be over, when are you available to play?