Friday, July 2, 2010

Covet... oh man...

I do not usually covet on account of it is a commandment not to. But I do have 2 or ... well a few things ... I would like to play with all the time because they are mine. A camera like some members of my family have has been on my list for a while. But there is a new toy on the market that I actually have to talk myself out of getting more often than I should have to. It is a little thing they like to call an iPad. I like to call it, "No Steph, not yet!" I played with one this weekend and it weakened my resolve a bit. For some time I have wanted an eReader and an iPod Touch. Put your hands together and you get the iPad. It was a fun toy to play with (darn you Tonya!!)

Good thing Brother gave a nice family home evening lesson on getting out of debt and budgeting to snap me back to reality. At least until my bonus comes this year OR they lower the price/raise the memory whichever comes first. Why share this? Not a real reason, I just saw another iPad and had to give myself the speech again: "No Steph, not yet!!" One of our vendors at work is having an iPad giveaway though, so keep your fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Matt said...

"Never sacrifice what you want most for what you want in the moment."

Steph said...

Wise words Matt, which is why my mantra on the iPad is "No Steph, not yet!"

Caroline said...

Tell your self "I deserve it." Wait, the opposite of that!