Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Friday Night

Midvale Arts Council is presenting the last of three Summer Music and Movie Series this Friday night August 20 7:30 p.m. at Midvale City Park 455 W 7500 S. I am the MC for the night and we have some fun, I tell you what. I would love it if my pals would sign up to sing as well. Mostly because it is country night (so the songs should be country... please someone sing some Pasty Cline!!) Here is a little known secret about me... that is not a secret at all... I do not like country music except Patsy Cline and the Dixie Chicks. But seeing good friends would help that!

So the info can be found HERE and if you are interested in signing up to sing please email my friend Paige at paige@midvalearts.com. The fine print? It costs $5 for Midvale residents or $10 for non-Midvale residents to enter the contest. The 3 winners get gift certificates, though. 1st place gets $100, 2nd gets $75 and 3rd gets $50 in gift cards. Small trick to winning? Sing well and bring friends. People can buy a ballot for $1 and vote for you... it is a trick to winning. All spectators are FREE, there is no gate fee, just $1 if they want to vote and one vote per person. If you have your own karaoke cd it is best, but they do have lots of cds there too.

After the contest we will have a movie in the park. It is Back to the Future III, you know where they go back ... and then to the future? Should be a fun evening, I'd love to see you all there... my tens of readers!

No comments: