Monday, August 16, 2010

Kind of funny

Joseph ... Dreamcoat closed Friday. It was a fun show to do and I had a great time meeting some new friends I will have for a long time ... oh and hanging out with some old friends that I hope will never go away ... Squitch & Chatt! So Saturday I slept in, like really slept in. Then helped my Mom clean out the freezer (please tell me at least one of you is singing "We've got to clean out the freezer by tomorrow morning, cause the Jersey Board of Health has sent the final warning. They're not buying our line that dead Nuns rise and shine, we must comply or face the fine!") then I went to a meeting at my friend's new dance studio (which is going to be awesome and I will fill you in more later on the haps there!)

Well two good friends of mine, who shall remain nameless since I already mentioned them in this post, and I started talking after the meeting and before we knew it it was 11:20. Oops. Late night. Well Sunday morning I had not set an alarm to get me up to go to church. Again, oops. But my cell phone rang at 8. A lady in the ward was calling asking if I could teach her Primary class in an hour (Primary is what we call the young children's Sunday School classes.) I rolled over, grabbed my iPad, asked what lesson it was, and laughed right out loud!!

I was teaching the 3 year olds about forgiveness. The lesson from the Bible? Joseph being sold into slavery, becoming a ruler in Egypt, and forgiving his brothers as told in Genesis. I laughed so very hard! I knew the story well enough after being on stage with it for 2 months that I felt pretty comfortable telling 3 year olds about it. It was hard, however, not doing song and dance while teaching! (I wore my coat, with golden lining, bright colors shining, wonderful and new!) The kids, however, were more interested in playing Ring Around the Rosies and coloring than the actual story. So thanks to musical theater and Toy Story fruit snacks, Sunday was a success!

BTW the iPad ap I used is the free ap Gospel Library where I have downloaded the scriptures, lesson manuals for Sunday School and the Hymns. Pretty cool ap! I did not have to boot up my computer and print out the lesson. I just picked up my 'tompooter' as Sissy calls my iPad and took that along with me. I am in like with my iPad.

2 comments:

Preds Girl said...

That is funny! Did you go "Sue" on them though? Did you yell that you've seen straighter lines in your crow's feet? I hope not bc they have NO idea what that is so the humor would've been lost on them. lol.

Oh, and speaking of friends from the play who have names made up by you...um...where is mine? I do believe that at the beginning of the show you said you'd come up with one. Well, hmm, where is it?

Stephanie said...

My sweetheart and I are smiling from ear to ear! What a great post; we love you to bits and pieces and are super duper happy to have you on our team for TLC!

Loves!