Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ohhh Shiny!

I do not know what has happened to me lately but it seems like I cannot concentrate on multiple things at once, like I used to be able to. At work I used to be able to juggle multiple projects at the same time. Now it seems I have to finish what I am working on before starting a new project. I even have had to start making lists. I remember vividly when I turned 30 and one of my female coworkers told me that my mind would slowly start to go and I would be making lists by the time I am 35. I thought this impossible because I really was a stellar self organizer… I now am 34 and she was so right! Hello my name is Stephanie, and I make lists.

It was pretty bad yesterday as I was doing a pretty intricate project. I had to close my door and ended up working 13 hours just to get done. Now it is Saturday and I am sitting at my desk yet again and just finished my work for the week. I just opened a web browser to download a billing statement and saw a story that looked interesting. After reading the story I had to stop and think “Now why did I open the internet?”Oy, I tell you what, it is a whole new ballgame now!

Do you ever get distracted by shiny objects? I guess I do, but they come in forms of paper, phone calls, and conversations as well. I tell you what, I usually do not feel old and would submit that 34 is still really young, but some days … some days I … what was I talking about? Oh right, the warm weather. How nice has it been here in Utah lately? I even opened the sun roof of my car today. Do you remember the Gumby cartoons? Gumby and Pokey were funny looking. Hand sanitizer is awesome stuff, but I bet the pump head on top of ours here at work is pretty germy. Milk is good. Told you…

4 comments:

Rach said...

Wow, I'm in trouble. My mind has already started to go, and I haven't hit 30 yet! What will the rest of this year have in store for me? More lists to remember the lists? Why did I walk into this room? Oh, pretty butterfly! Spongebob is really kind of funny, even though I used to hate it. I want a handmade handbag. Red, or maybe pink. I need new red boots, too . . .

Erica said...

"These mashed potatoes are so creamy."

Becky at VintageMixer said...

The more I think I can multitask, the more mistakes I make. I have come to acknowledge that I am in fact a mono-tasker and lists are like my dearest friend.

Kelli said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oHBG3ABUJU