Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Recommendation

Pinnacle Acting Company is performing The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee through the end of this week. I know this is a bit short notice , but I just saw it last weekend. It is funny! The company did a great job with this regional premier. They hold pretty true to the original script with a few language adjustments. For those who know the show they do not edit any songs out, for those who do not know the show ... well let's just say I would rate it PG unless you get offended by songs about the male anatomy and the word 'erection' over and over again ... then it might be PG13. They pull up 4 members of the audience (who all volunteer before hand, so if you do not want to participate do not sign up!) to be spelling bee contestants. Mom was called up Friday night and I think she had a fun time. She spelled correctly the word Mexican but did not spell her next word right. Despite the fun nature of this show I would not take young kids to it, teen and above.

The last shows are February 18-20 at 7:30 p.m. plus a matinee Saturday at 2:00. If I remember right tickets are $15 for GA or $13 for students (they ask for ID) and seniors. It runs about 90 minutes or so and there is no intermission. This show plays at the Midvale Performing Arts Center at 695 West Center Street (7720 South).

I wish I had time to see it again, I totally would. I recommend! It's just a little naughty, but mostly it is just funny!

No comments: