Thursday, February 25, 2010

Life

Life is unpredictable and fragile. I am struck with this realization any time I attend a funeral or hear that someone I know has died. Are you like me and will sit at a funeral and plan your own? I do this and I wonder if it is morbid or just my overwhelming need to plan every aspect of my life.

Life is a celebration of wonder and new experiences. Today I attended a funeral of someone who I used to go to church with. One of her friends related a story about when they were in college they had some roll dough in their freezer and were not using it because they were saving it for something special. She suggested they make scones one night with the dough. Her friend said "Shouldn't we save that for a special occasion?" To which she responded "Today is a special occasion!" It truly is, today is a special occasion because it is today!

Life isn't meant to be perfect, it is not meant to be easy. But life is meant to be! It is what it is. So live life to the fullest and celebrate the small things that make your life special!