Friday, February 12, 2010

Farewell ... First Crush

When I was growing up a family with 5 boys lived next door and I had such a crush on one of the sons. His name was Phil Kesler. Phil passed away last night after a battle with cancer. Say it with me CANCER SUCKS! Phil was older than I and had younger brothers that I could have had a crush on, but no I was all about Phil growing up. Why? His voice. Oh he had a voice! He was handsome, calm, quiet and he could sing! If you have heard the music of Voice Male, you have heard Phil sing. I am a sucker for a man with a good voice, but I will melt for a man with a great voice. He was the first man to ever make me melt! He leaves behind a wife and daughter, and my thoughts and prayers are with them. Far too young to leave this world, but heaven's choir just gained a beautiful baritone. Rest in peace my first crush.

3 comments:

Mandee Lue said...

I worked with Phil in Logan many years back; I had no idea he was sick! CANCER truly SUCKS!!

This is just so sad :(

Candice J said...

I didn't know he had cancer. That's aweful. Cancer Sucks! My thoughts are with his family.

Marcia said...

I didn't even think about you knowing him, I have talked to Nancy about knowing him, but I was up at USU when voicemale started and one of my best friends' husbands was in VoiceMale with Phil. I would go to some of their practices...so I can totally understand the crush thing...I totally melt when I hear his solo parts on the cds or at the concerts. Also my mom would talk to him in his office at USU when she would she him, she also worked up there. sad...I totally wanted to cry when I heard, but aren't we just blessed to have the gospel and to know that this is not the end!!