Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to Many!

Today is my mom's birthday, so a very Happy Birthday Mom! It is an honor to be your daughter, you make me laugh often and even sometimes let me cry in your shoulder. (I say sometimes because I do not cry often...) You are an amazing example of strength and courage, love and charity, joy and determination. One day when I grow up I hope to be just like you... well maybe almost just like you but without the cancer! I do not think I am as strong as you are; don't know if I could handle it with the same grace as you have. You amaze me daily. Some of my favorite photos from the past few years are below. You deserve a wonderful day!

Happy Birthday!
Above photo by Ruth Densley
Above photo by Kate Johnson
Above photo by Kate Johnson

This is a photo from the cruise we took a few years ago to Hawaii, good times. Remember how all the boys got a sunburn? I think this was the last photo taken of all of us before my siblings went off and got married.


I also have two dear friends that share a birthday with Mom, so I need to wish them a Happy Birthday too!
Happy Birthday Christy! I can't believe I acutally found a photo of us together. Christy and I met in Chicago when I lived there years ago. She is also a great example to me. She once called me the crazy glue that held our Relief Society Presidency together. I think it was a compliment! Favorite memory: getting Olive Garden Ghirardeli Cheesecake!
AND
Happy Birthday Carrie. I do not know who took this photo, but it is one of my favs of you and Jen... you know just hanging out with the band! Carrie and I are visiting teaching companions and she just happens to be my neighbor too. She is my favorite walking buddy, I miss our walks lately, my fault! Carrie knows more about popular music than anyone I know. She has introduced me to some of my new favorite bands or artists: Mika, My Chemical Romance, Adele. Carrie is a dear friend and I am honored that we get to serve others together.
It also is my Grandpa Parker's birthday and I shouted a Happy Birthday as I passed the cemetary this morning.
Did I miss anyone?! If so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I LOVE the first picture of your parents. Very nice. :^)

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!